Toys and games: how much is enough?
As tempting as it is, don’t over pack the toy bag, they are heavy and you need to be able to pack and repack this bag many times.
- pack things they actually play with now, not things you think they may play with.
- pencils can be tricky on an aeroplane, there are books that use one magic texta or stylus.
- cards are great or Uno, puzzles, mind teasers, new story books.
- try to avoid using Ipad’s or TV for the whole flight, keep them for later when their attention span is low, they are tired and the excitement has weaned a little, keep the ‘Ace card’ for when it is really needed, not just wanted. This also helps for car trips, let them play and use their imagination first.
- after playing with the same toys for a couple of weeks they may be bored of them, you could donate some of these toys when away and buy some new exciting toys for the flight home, let them help choose and then they also have a travel momento to play with at home.