This Article written by Jane Rogers for Your RV Lifestyle has a great range of amazing activities and places to visit in Australia. It covers some of the well known sites and some you may not have thought of. Scrolling through I found many ideas for upcoming holidays, I’m sure you will also find your perfect Australian escape idea.
Up to 28% off Hamilton Island from $814pp
Hamilton Island Reef View Hotel
- 5 Nights in a Garden View Room
- BONUS Buffet Breakfast Daily
- BONUS $100 Resort Credit
- BONUS Twilight Sail or Wildlife Pass
- Kids Stay & Eat free
The Hamilton Island Reef View Hotel offers a great variety of well-appointed rooms and suites to suit any traveller. The Coral Sea views of the Whitsunday Passage are amongst the best in the world and have to be seen to be believed. This Queensland Island accommodation boasts the perfect location for a couples romantic getaway or family holiday to the Whitsundays.
Sale Ends: 31st Mar 2018
Valid Travel Dates:
Our Family embarked on our first cruise this week. We were booked on the P&O Pacific Dawn on a 3 day Comedy Cruise to no where. We were all very excited and now have some helpful tips for other families thinking of cruising as a holiday.
- It is a great holiday for a family with no dishes, cooking or organising.
- The staff were lovely and very friendly
- If you are an active family like us, Purchasing the Edge pass is worth while, we certainly covered the cost of the pass in all the activities we did.
- The restaurants offered a great option for all tastes, we liked the A la Carte restaurant for dinner as a treat all dressed up.
- Lots of outdoor areas for fresh air
- The water slides were lots of fun and the was live music on deck during the day.
- They played kids movies on the big screen in the morning. Kids could watch the movie and adults could read books or chat.
- The Comedy shows were great, it was fun to take the kids to a live show that was all included and we could attend any of the shows we were interested in.
- If you are prone to sea sickness, you are on a boat and it does move constantly, you will probably get sea sick at some stage even with Sea Sickness tablets.
- The sound and vibration of the motors make you feel like you are on an aeroplane for 3 days.
- You seem to spend the first day running around the ship booking in all your dinner times, activities and kids club. As new comers we did not know this and were stuck with the latest dining time each night as we chose to relax once on board.
- Inside cabin was good as it was close to the centre of the boat and should move less, but once inside a small room with nothing to focus on and no fresh air, sea sickness set in quickly even if only in the room to shower before dinner or dress before breakfast.
- The ‘unlimited’ Edge pass is based on set times for activities which is understandable with the number of guests to accommodate. You can only pre book 3 per day, and it can fill up quickly. We were hoping to have an activity morning and relax in the afternoon. However, you may end up with Laser Tag and bungy Trampoline in the morning, Abseiling at 1:30pm, Rock climbing at 3:30 and Flying Fox at 5:30pm. This can be a little interruptive and for safety sake all are breathalysed, so no cocktails in the afternoon.
- If anyone is prone to sea sickness book a balcony cabin, being able to access fresh air and see the horizon is worth the cost.
- 3 Day Cruises are maybe not the best option for first time cruises, 3 continuous days at sea is a long time. A cruise that reaches land again in a day or two is maybe a better option to let you hop off the boat and explore. Or cruises focused on more protected waters between islands.
- Try to pre book as many restaurants, kids clubs and activities on line before boarding to save the frantic booking process that ensures once on board.
- Pack Cards or board games, If it is windy and cool, the activities can close down and swimming is too cold. Kids clubs are all indoors and if it is windy, it is rocking, so activities on deck in the fresh air are good.
- You never know until you try it, some love cruising and will holiday no other way, others will never cruise again (my daughter at the moment). I was sea sick for half the cruise, so didn’t love this experience but enjoyed much of it. However I can see the appeal of cruising and with the knowledge I have now, feel that we could select a cruise more suited to our family next time.
3 nights in a 1 Bedroom Apartment at The Sebel Noosa from $360pp twin share
- Local Hamper
- Bottle of Sparkling on arrival
- Free WiFi
- Kids Stay Free
Sale Ends: 04th Aug 2017
Valid Travel Dates:
Virgin is now offering Economy X on Australian domestic flights for $29pp
Economy X travellers will receive:
Priority Screen and boarding where available.
Greater legroom at the front of Economy Cabin or over wing exits
Preferred overhead locker space.
This service is also available for International short haul flights
International long haul benefits are the same as short haul & domestic with added Guaranteed first meal choice and Premium noise-cancelling headset.
Hamilton Island Beach Club
From $1400pp twin share
5 nights, Transfers, Breakfast, Bonus Sunset Sail
Beachfront location, the Beach Club offers intimate surrounds for couples. Private infinity pool, VIP buggy service.
Sale Ends: 31st Jul 2017
Valid Travel Dates:
Tour de Clare Valley is a two day self guided gourmet focused cycling tour on the easy off road Riesling Trail in the Clare Valley.
Enjoy the stunning Clare Valley vistas whilst cycling the safe well laid cycling path, stopping at cellar doors and gourmet food outlets along the way.
All meals, stops, luggage transfers, bikes and accommodation is arranged for you, together with detailed maps and on call support vehicle are included. Tours operate on demand.
From $499 to $599 Tour De Vines
Asia, Australia, Cruises, Family Travel, Latest Deals, South Pacific, Traveling with babies, Traveling with children, Traveling with toddlers
Save up to 35% off launch fares
Sale starts 9:00am AEST Friday 16 June 2017
Sale ends 11:59 AEST Thursday 22 June 2017
Cruise to South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand and Asia
Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa offers 1 free night from $689pp twin share
- Min. 4 nights : 1 Bedroom Penthouse – Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa
- Includes: 1 Free Night
Sale Ends 31 Mar 2018; Valid travel dates 1Apr-23Jun 2017, 1Nov-22Dec 2017, 14Jan-31Mar 2018
Australia, Family Travel, Latest Deals, Tours and Packages, Traveling with babies, Traveling with children, Traveling with toddlers
Crown Promenade Melbourne is offering 1 Free Night from $289pp twin share
- Min. 3 nights : Standard Twin Room : Crown Promenade Melbourne
- Includes: 1 Free Night
- Free Wifi Internet for 2 devices
- Kids Stay Free (0-11 years) when using existing bedding
- Stay 6 Nights and Pay only 4! Click for an Instant Quote.
- * Surcharge applies for Saturday night
Sale Ends 28 Mar 2018; Valid travel dates 1Apr-15Sep 2017, 5Dec-30Dec 2017, 2Jan-12Jan2018